Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gracious hospitality

Last Friday night I had dinner with Sagung and her family. I meet Sagung when I was working at the Synod office and as she lives near here she invited me to a meal at her home. It was great to meet her, her husband, sister-in-law, daughters and granddaughter.

After the meal Made took me visiting. We visited Judith, a young woman who leads the Ladies Fellowship, the church secretary and his family and one of the elders who has been in a bike accident. We also visited Nina Ampenan who is the oldest member of the congregation aged 87. Nina is blind and doesn't have much movement but there is nothing wrong with her mind, which was as sharp as a tack.

I am always quite touched at how graciously and generously people welcome me into their homes.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Julie,

    Thank you for sharing your adventure...it is good to see your smile. Have a nice time and see you..

    ReplyDelete