Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blimbing Sari Church


On the Sun morning I went to the main church of Blimbing Sari for the Sunday school and then church of about 800 people. Sunday school was great with all the kids standing in a circle for the first part of singing and prayers and then moving into the classrooms for the lesson. There was lots of chanting as well singing so very noisy.

The church is a very big building which is basically a roof without walls. It is great for this climate.


The church service was very formal and an obviously "fire and brimstone" sermon. I had someone who interpreted for me and I've found it is easy to sing in Indonesian because I know most of the tunes and the words are pronounced as they are written. Again, after the service no-one stands around and talks, they all go home.

After the service we went to visit the only remaining founding father. He is now 105 and I'm not sure how much he took in but obviously knew a bit of what was happening. Quite a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment