Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finished at the Synod

I've finished my work with the Synod for the time being. I'm a bit sorry to leave as everyone has made me feel very welcome, especially Diana but looking forward to next adventure. It has been good to be able to help with some of the English correspondence, proposals, reports and Powerpoint slides. I have certainly learnt a lot about how the whole GKPB church works.

I am now living in the rectory of the Dhyana Pura church with Rev Made Budiarsa, Deborah his wife, and Giovani and Debbie his kids. Their home is very comfortable and they've made me feel very welcome.

PS If it seems that lots of men have the same names it is because the tradition here is to call the first son Wayan or Gde (pronounced as the Aussie "giday"), the second Made, the third Nyoman etc. Sometimes quite confusing but the positive is that there a lot less names to remember. Of course not every family follows this tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment